Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stephen R. Lawhead

I thought I'd do a post on Stephen R. Lawhead.  He is one of my favorite authors and writes many good books.  He has written The Dragon King Trilogy, The Pendragon Cycle, Empyrion, Dream Thief, The King Raven Trilogy, Song of Albion, The Celtic Crusades and Byzantium.  These are all very well written, though you might want to avoid Byzantium because of some "adult" elements.  I have read (or started to read) all of these books, and I enjoy them very much.  Almost all of his books are highly Celt-focused, with King Arthur (The Pendragon Cycle) and Robin Hood (King Raven Trilogy) are set rather earlier in history then most people think of them.  I haven't finished either of his sci-fi books (Empyrion and Dream Thief), but they were good so far as I read.  Another good book is The Time Machine, by H.G. Wells, who once said, "Poets have been strangely silent on the subject of cheese."  I'll post more later, but now I have to go shovel rock.  Yippee. :(   Ah, well, anything for Mom.

No comments: